top of page

Important Records & Documents

How and where to obtain documents lost in a disaster.


Important Records and Documents

If your important records and documents were damaged in the fire, you need to replace them as soon as possible. The following list will help you know whom to contact to replace these important items. 

Damaged Items & Who to Contact

  • Animal Registration: Humane Society

  • Auto Registration: Department of Motor Vehicles

  • Birth Certificate: Bureau of Records

  • Checking and Savings Account: Bank

  • Citizenship papers U.S.: Immigration and Naturalization Service

  • Credit Cards: Issuing Companies

  • Death Certificate: Bureau of Records

  • Divorce Papers: Circuit Court where decree was issued

  • Driver's License: Department of Motor Vehicles

  • Income Tax Records: Your Accountant or the IRS

  • Insurance Documents: Your Insurance Agent or Carrier

  • Marriage Certificate: Bureau of Records

  • Medical Records: Your Doctor

  • Medicare Card: Local Social Security Office

  • Military Discharge Papers: Department of Veteran Affairs

  • Mortgage Papers: Lending Institution 

  • Passports: Passport Service

  • Social Security Card: Local Social Security Office

  • Stocks and Bonds: Your broker or issuing company

  • Titles to Deeds: County Records Offices

  • Wills: Your Attorney

bottom of page